A BUSINESS & ARTIST VENTURE
2nd Saturdays in 2021: Oct. 9, Nov. 13, Dec. 11
Hours: 4:00 to 7:00pm
Location: The area served by the North Monroe Business District
This partnership, between business and the arts, will put a spotlight on many talented artists in our community AND the amazing venues that host art on display. The ArtWalk also brings an opportunity to discover your unique shops and restaurants.
Participants Wanted to Host ArtWalk Events – 2nd Saturdays on N. Monroe
We need businesses to participate by providing space for artists to display their work. Artists and businesses who are interested in participating in the 2021 ArtWalk are encouraged to contact the ArtWalk coordinator DeAnne at (509) 993-3459.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE THE MOST OF THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Plan with your artist. Talk with your artist about expectations — where they can display art, how much space to use, when to bring it and who is to hang it, whether the artist will need to bring easels, a table, etc. How long the art will be on display, who will handle sales, commission? It is completely up to your individual business as to how you handle sales and whether you want to charge a commission on art sales. We are investigating ways to utilize QR Codes to make this less work for the businesses.
- Ask your artist to have labels, an inventory list and pricing information, especially if the art will remain on display when the artist is not present.
- Arrange with your artist to have their displays ready prior to 4PM on the evening of the ArtWalk.
- Greet your guests and introduce your ArtWalk artist(s) for the evening. We recommend providing some wine & cheese or some other light snack for the attendees.
- Let us know how your ArtWalk experience goes. Feedback is so valuable, and your unique experience will help us to make improvements for businesses and artists alike.
PROMOTION OF PARTICIPATING BUSINESSES
- Logo on the front of the ArtWalk guide map
- Inclusion on the ArtWalk section of our website: https://meetonmonroe.com
- Mention at all self-guided tour stops on the ArtWalk
- Mention on our social media pages
- As this grows we hope to get more recognition to include press releases.
- Businesses will be provided multiple printed “Self-Guided Tour Map and Artist Information” for the ArtWalk to hand out to their customers.
- Businesses should promote on Social Media. “Like” your artist on Facebook. Set up an event on your page and invite your friends!
- Artists are encouraged to reach out to their followers to bring in as many guests as possible for their opening night at the ArtWalk.
NEED AN ARTIST? KNOW AN ARTIST?
If you need help in locating an artist, have questions, or have an artist to refer to the program, contact Tina at Atomic Threads, (509) 598-8755.